SSV (Side by Side Vehicle) Operator Training Course (4-5 hours)
SSV’s are an incredibly capable work tool that require respect.
This Course is aimed at arming SSV operators with the skills to operate safely and efficiently in a work environment. Each course is contextualized to your individual machine and application in the field.
For any senior (over 16 years).
- Registration, Introduction and Safety Briefing.
- Environment Hazard Assessment and Site Safety Plan.
- Appropriate vehicle for task (Passengers).
- Personal Protective Equipment (enterprise requirements).
- Isolated environment safety equipment.
- Pre-operational checks.
- SSV controls and set up.
- Basic operator maintenance.
- Starting and beginning operation.
- Operation: Hands in, Seat belt and nets. Keys, Modes (locked rear axle / turf mode), Gear selection, 4×4. Braking, Turning, Operating on gradients, travelling up, down and traversing, Negotiating obstacles, Bitumen. Reverse.
- Looking ahead, plan path of travel (and safe exit options).
- Steering or braking to stay safe?
- Suspension settings and tyre selection and inflation pressures.
- Load Carrying (and how it affects 11,12,13,14 above)
- Attachments (and how they affect 11,12,13,14 above)
- Towing (and how it affects 11,12,13,14 above)
- Liquid loads (and how they affect 11,12,13,14 above)
- Operating in groups, or close to others. Stock control or animals.
- Skills, Learning, Practice and understanding operating limits (personal, machine or conditions).
- Shut down and park up (condition reporting to PCBU, PPE storage).
- Loading on to transport and unloading (securing).
- Fatigue, Alcohol and other drugs.
- Unique operation requirements or hazards, Environmental concerns.
- Questions and Close.