This Course is aimed at ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) operation in the Australian Workplace. Each Course will be tailored to specific machine, application and operator ability. The Course will arm operators with the skills required to operate safely and efficiently in the Australian Workplace.
ATV Operator Training Course (7-8 hours).
1. Registration, Introduction and Safety Briefing.
3. Environment Hazard Assessment and Site Safety Plan.
4. Appropriate vehicle for task (Passengers).
5. Personal Protective Equipment (Helmets).
6. Isolated work safety equipment.
7. Pre-ride checks.
8. Controls and set up.
9. Basic maintenance.
10. Starting and beginning operation.
- Dynamic riding style (how your body should operate an ATV).
- Braking, Turning, Operating on gradients, travelling up, down and traversing, Negotiating obstacles.
- Gear selection, 4×4.
12. Looking ahead, plan path of travel (and safe exit options).
13. Steering or braking?
14. Suspension settings and tyre selection.
15. Skills, Learning, Practice and understanding operating limits (personal, machine or conditions).
16. Shut down and park up (condition reporting to PCBU, PPE storage).
17. Load Carrying.
18. Attachments. (11,12,13,14)
19. Towing. (11,12,13,14)
20. Liquid loads (11,12,13,14)
21. Stock control work.
22. Loading on to transport and unloading (securing).
23. Fatigue, Alcohol and other drugs.
24. Unique operation requirements or hazards.
25. Questions and Close.