ATV Operator Training Course (7-8 hours)
for ADVANCE TRAILRIDING
This Quad Safe course is a full day that takes all the basics anywhere up to extreme levels,
including some very technical bike set-up and tuning to get the most comfortable
and best performing ride on the trails.
- Registration, Introduction and Safety Briefing.
- Environment Hazard Assessment and Site Safety Plan.
- Appropriate vehicle for task (Passengers).
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Isolated work safety equipment.Tool kit, first aid, recovery gear, survival gear, communications.
- Pre-ride checks.
- ATV controls and set up.
- Basic operator maintenance.Trail side diagnostics, (fuel, spark, compression) Drowned ATV, Belt replacement, tyre repair.
- Starting and beginning operation.
- Operation:Dynamic riding style (how your body should operate an ATV).Braking, Turning, Operating on gradients, travelling up, down and traversing, Negotiating obstacles.Gear selection, 4×4.Reverse.
- Looking ahead, plan path of travel (and safe exit options).
- Steering or braking to stay safe?
- Suspension settings and tyre selection and inflation pressures.
- Load Carrying (and how it affects 11,12,13,14 above)
- Attachments (and how they affect 11,12,13,14 above)
- Towing (and how it affects 11,12,13,14 above)Recovery of another ATV, towing home.
- Liquid loads (and how they affect 11,12,13,14 above)
- Stock control work (and how it affects 11,12,13,14 above)
- Skills, Learning, Practice and understanding operating limits (personal, machine or conditions).
- Shut down and park up (condition reporting to PCBU, PPE storage).
- Loading on to transport and unloading (securing).
- Fatigue, Alcohol and other drugs.
- Unique operation requirements or hazards.Log crossing, water crossing, desert sand,
- Questions and Close.